NewsWorld
PredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticles
NewsWorld
HomePredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticlesWorldTechnologyPoliticsBusiness
AI-powered predictive news aggregation© 2026 NewsWorld. All rights reserved.
Trending
AlsNewsFebruaryMajorDane'sResearchElectionCandidateCampaignPartyStrikesDigestSundayTimelinePrivateCrisisPoliticalEricBlueCreditFundingRamadanAdditionalLaunches
AlsNewsFebruaryMajorDane'sResearchElectionCandidateCampaignPartyStrikesDigestSundayTimelinePrivateCrisisPoliticalEricBlueCreditFundingRamadanAdditionalLaunches
All Articles
BBC Europe
Clustered Story
Published 6 days ago

Austrian man faces terror charges over Taylor Swift concert attack plot

BBC Europe · Feb 16, 2026 · Collected from RSS

Summary

The 21-year-old could be jailed for up to 20 years over a plot to attack the US singer's concert in 2024.

Full Article

1 hour agoJaroslav LukivPAMore than 195,000 people had been expected to attend Taylor Swift's three concerts in Vienna in 2024An Austrian man has been charged with terrorism and other offences over a plot to attack a Taylor Swift concert in Vienna in August 2024.Prosecutors said the 21-year-old suspect, identified only as Beran A, was accused of being a member of a terrorist organisation, making explosives and attempting to purchase weapons illegally.He is also said to have been disseminating propaganda for the jihadist group Islamic State. He faces up to 20 years in jail if convicted. AFP via Getty ImagesThree suspects - including Beran A - were arrested in 2024 just before Taylor Swift's concerts in Vienna in 2024Overall, three people - including Beran A - were arrested in 2024. They were all teenagers at the time.The charges against Beran A, who is the main suspect in the case, were announced on Monday by the Vienna prosecutor's office. According to the indictment, he had received online instructions and worked to make a shrapnel bomb using the explosive triacetone triperoxide (TATP).The type of shrapnel bomb was "specific to IS attacks", the statement said.He is also believed to have sought advice from IS members on how to carry out a bomb attack.Beran A has not commented on the latest developments.The US foreign intelligence service said back in 2024 that the plotters had hoped to kill a large number of concert-goers.Investigators alleged Beran A had also planned to carry out an earlier attack in Dubai in March 2024.Reports at the time suggested it was part of a co-ordinated plot involving three simultaneous IS attacks but he had changed his mind at the last minute."But I was also so grateful to the authorities because thanks to them, we were grieving concerts and not lives," she added.


Share this story

Read Original at BBC Europe

Related Articles

Euronews5 days ago
Austria charges man with terrorism over Taylor Swift concert attack plot

Prosecutors in Austria have filed terrorism charges against a 21-year-old who allegedly plotted to attack a Taylor Swift concert in Vienna in 2024.

Politico Europe6 days ago
Alleged ISIS supporter charged over plans to attack 2024 Taylor Swift concert in Vienna

Prosecutors say the defendant shared propaganda from the Islamic State militant organization and encouraged another teenager to carry out a knife attack.

South China Morning Post6 days ago
Austria files terror charges against suspect over planned 2024 Taylor Swift attack

Austrian prosecutors ⁠have filed terrorism-related and ⁠other charges against a now 21-year-old suspect arrested just before a 2024 Taylor Swift concert in Vienna, who they said planned to carry out an Islamist militant attack. The Vienna prosecutors’ office plans to bring a criminal case against the unnamed suspect in Wiener Neustadt, a town near Vienna, accusing him of producing a small amount of the explosive triacetone triperoxide and attempting to buy weapons ⁠illegally, it said in a...

DW News6 days ago
Austria files terror charges in alleged Taylor Swift concert plot

Prosecutors in Austria have filed terrorism charges against a 21-year-old who was allegedly plotting to attack a Taylor Swift concert in Vienna in 2024.

BBC Europeabout 22 hours ago
Six races, six golds - Klaebo's historic Olympics

Johannes Hoesflot Klaebo, Norway's king of cross-country skiing, breaks the record for the most gold medals won at a single Winter Olympics with his sixth of the Games.

BBC Europe1 day ago
UK agrees drone defence plan with four EU allies

The scheme will seek to take inspiration from Ukraine's drone manufacturing programme.