NewsWorld
PredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticles
NewsWorld
HomePredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticlesWorldTechnologyPoliticsBusiness
AI-powered predictive news aggregation© 2026 NewsWorld. All rights reserved.
Trending
TrumpTariffTradeFebruaryStrikesAnnounceLaunchNewsPricesMajorMilitaryHongKongCourtDigestSundayTimelineChinaTechSafetyGlobalMarketIranianTest
TrumpTariffTradeFebruaryStrikesAnnounceLaunchNewsPricesMajorMilitaryHongKongCourtDigestSundayTimelineChinaTechSafetyGlobalMarketIranianTest
All Articles
Politico Europe
Clustered Story
Published 6 days ago

Alleged ISIS supporter charged over plans to attack 2024 Taylor Swift concert in Vienna

Politico Europe · Feb 16, 2026 · Collected from RSS

Summary

Prosecutors say the defendant shared propaganda from the Islamic State militant organization and encouraged another teenager to carry out a knife attack.

Full Article

According to prosecutors, the suspect obtained bomb-making plans online and received instructions from other members of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) on handling explosives. He is also accused of buying materials to produce an explosive called triacetone triperoxide (TATP), and of trying to buy firearms online. Prosecutors further allege that he encouraged another 19-year-old Austrian national to carry out a knife attack on a security guard at a mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, in March 2024 that left five injured. The two men, and other separately prosecuted individuals, planned two other terrorist attacks in Dubai and Istanbul, prosecutors said. The alleged Swift concert attacker is also accused of sharing ISIS propaganda on social media, such as videos encouraging the killing of ‘infidels’. If convicted, the defendant faces up to 20 years in prison. Swift had been scheduled to perform three shows in Vienna as part of her Eras Tour, but the concerts were canceled after police announced they had foiled a terror plot the evening before the first one. All shows in the Austrian capital had sold out, with around 60,000 people expected to attend each performance and tens of thousands of fans traveling to Vienna.


Share this story

Read Original at Politico Europe

Related Articles

Euronews5 days ago
Austria charges man with terrorism over Taylor Swift concert attack plot

Prosecutors in Austria have filed terrorism charges against a 21-year-old who allegedly plotted to attack a Taylor Swift concert in Vienna in 2024.

South China Morning Post6 days ago
Austria files terror charges against suspect over planned 2024 Taylor Swift attack

Austrian prosecutors ⁠have filed terrorism-related and ⁠other charges against a now 21-year-old suspect arrested just before a 2024 Taylor Swift concert in Vienna, who they said planned to carry out an Islamist militant attack. The Vienna prosecutors’ office plans to bring a criminal case against the unnamed suspect in Wiener Neustadt, a town near Vienna, accusing him of producing a small amount of the explosive triacetone triperoxide and attempting to buy weapons ⁠illegally, it said in a...

DW News6 days ago
Austria files terror charges in alleged Taylor Swift concert plot

Prosecutors in Austria have filed terrorism charges against a 21-year-old who was allegedly plotting to attack a Taylor Swift concert in Vienna in 2024.

BBC Europe6 days ago
Austrian man faces terror charges over Taylor Swift concert attack plot

The 21-year-old could be jailed for up to 20 years over a plot to attack the US singer's concert in 2024.

Politico Europeabout 1 hour ago
Kyiv condemns ‘blackmail’ by Hungary, Slovakia as energy standoff escalates

Budapest and Bratislava have seized on the closure of a key oil pipeline to threaten to cut off electricity supplies to Ukraine.

Politico Europeabout 4 hours ago
How the US is moving away from Chinese imports

Chinese goods now comprise less than 10 percent of U.S. imports.