NewsWorld
PredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticles
NewsWorld
HomePredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticlesWorldTechnologyPoliticsBusiness
AI-powered predictive news aggregation© 2026 NewsWorld. All rights reserved.
Trending
TariffTrumpNewsTradeAnnouncePricesStrikesMajorFebruaryCourtLaunchDigestSundayTimelineIranTargetsSafetyGlobalMarketTechChinaMilitaryJapanHospital
TariffTrumpNewsTradeAnnouncePricesStrikesMajorFebruaryCourtLaunchDigestSundayTimelineIranTargetsSafetyGlobalMarketTechChinaMilitaryJapanHospital
All Articles
Warner Bros. Reopens Talks as Paramount Signals Higher Bid
Bloomberg
Clustered Story
Published 5 days ago

Warner Bros. Reopens Talks as Paramount Signals Higher Bid

Bloomberg · Feb 17, 2026 · Collected from RSS

Summary

Warner Bros Discovery Inc. has agreed to reopen negotiations with rival Hollywood studio Paramount Skydance Corp. after the suitor proposed raising its bid and sweetened other terms of its offer, setting the stage for a renewed showdown with Netflix Inc.  Netflix, which Warner Bros. still described as its preferred bidder, has granted the board seven days to discuss Paramount’s most recent proposal, according to a statement Tuesday. The decision came after a Paramount banker told a Warner Bros. board member that Paramount would offer at least $31 a share, or $1 a share higher than its previous offer, if the company agreed to reopen talks. Warner Bros. now wants to see that, and other aspects of Paramount’s new bid, in writing. Bloomberg's Stephen Flynn joins to discuss on Bloomberg Intelligence. (Source: Bloomberg)


Share this story

Read Original at Bloomberg

Related Articles

Bloomberg1 day ago
Paramount Says Regulatory Waiting Period for Warner Bid Ends

Paramount Skydance said it has “no statutory impediment” in the US to closing its proposed $77.9 billion acquisition of Warner Bros. Discovery Inc. after clearing a US antitrust hurdle. Paramount said Friday it has complied with the US Justice Department’s second-request review process under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act and that a 10-day waiting period expired on Thursday. The expiration of a waiting period doesn’t tacitly imply that regulators are on board with a deal. The department in the past has sued to block mergers after the waiting period passed. Bloomberg Intelligence Senior Antitrust Litigation Analyst Jen Rie and Chris Palmeri, Bloomberg News Senior Editor and Entertainment Team Leader, join Bloomberg Businessweek Daily to discuss. They speak with Carol Massar and Emily Graffeo. (Source: Bloomberg)

Financial Times2 days ago
Paramount’s $108bn bid for Warner Bros clears US antitrust hurdle

Support from Trump administration adds new twist in blockbuster battle with Netflix

Bloomberg3 days ago
Walmart Issues Cautious Outlook | Open Interest 2/19/2026

Get a jump start on the US trading day with Matt Miller and Dani Burger on "Bloomberg Open Interest." Walmart waving a warning flag — the world’s largest retailer citing trade and labor concerns, adding to cautious market moves. At the same time, OpenAI is reportedly finalizing a record deal that could top $100 billion. Booking Holdings beats expectations — we’ll speak exclusively with CEO Glenn Fogel on competing in the age of AI. And gold charging toward $5,000 as traders eye the Fed and rising geopolitical risks. (Source: Bloomberg)

Bloomberg4 days ago
Warner Bros. Reopens Talks With Paramount

Warners Bros. has given Paramount until Monday at midnight to submit a final offer in the ongoing bidding war, despite previously favoring Netflix’s acquisition proposal. If Paramount’s revised offer is deemed better, Netflix will have four days to match or exceed it, potentially securing the deal. Bloomberg’s Michelle Davis has more on the story. (Source: Bloomberg)

Bloomberg4 days ago
Warner Bros. Trading Suggests Market Expects Sweetened Offer

The latest twist in the drama for control over Warner Bros. has traders betting one of the suitors will sweeten its bid.

Al Jazeera5 days ago
Warner Bros rejects latest Paramount bid but open to ‘best and final’ offer

The Warner Bros Discovery board says it remains committed to the Netflix deal.