NewsWorld
PredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticles
NewsWorld
HomePredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticlesWorldTechnologyPoliticsBusiness
AI-powered predictive news aggregation© 2026 NewsWorld. All rights reserved.
Trending
MilitaryStrikesMajorFebruaryTrumpAnnouncesIranianIranYearGameAdditionalNewsDigestSundayTimelineNuclearTargetingHumanoidGlobalMarketNipahLimitedChineseCampaign
MilitaryStrikesMajorFebruaryTrumpAnnouncesIranianIranYearGameAdditionalNewsDigestSundayTimelineNuclearTargetingHumanoidGlobalMarketNipahLimitedChineseCampaign
All Articles
UK protection officers instructed to guard 2010 Epstein dinner party, reports say
South China Morning Post
Published about 2 hours ago

UK protection officers instructed to guard 2010 Epstein dinner party, reports say

South China Morning Post · Feb 22, 2026 · Collected from RSS

Summary

London police officers assigned to King ⁠Charles’ younger brother ⁠Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor were instructed to provide ⁠security for a dinner party at Jeffrey Epstein’s New York home in 2010, British media reported on Sunday. The Sunday Times, which first reported the story, cited emails from the Epstein files that ‌appear to detail arrangements for Mountbatten-Windsor to stay with the late convicted sex offender in December 2010, along with his two protection officers from London’s...

Full Article

London police officers assigned to King ⁠Charles’ younger brother ⁠Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor were instructed to provide ⁠security for a dinner party at Jeffrey Epstein’s New York home in 2010, British media reported on Sunday.The Sunday Times, which first reported the story, cited emails from the Epstein files that ‌appear to detail arrangements for Mountbatten-Windsor to stay with the late convicted sex offender in December 2010, along with his two protection officers from London’s Metropolitan Police force.In an email sent the night before the event with the subject line “Security for party”, a staff member informed Epstein the two officers ⁠had been given “instructions on the door”.The reports come after police said on Friday ‌they were contacting former protection officers who worked for Mountbatten-Windsor, urging anyone with allegations of sex offences relating to Epstein to come ‌forward.Police said they have not identified any wrongdoing by the protection officers ⁠at this stage. ⁠Asked to respond to Sunday’s reports, the Metropolitan Police said it had no further comment.Mountbatten-Windsor was ‌arrested on Thursday on suspicion of misconduct in public office in a separate investigation and was released under ‌investigation after ‌being held by another police force, Thames Valley, for more than 10 ‌hours.


Share this story

Read Original at South China Morning Post

Related Articles

South China Morning Postabout 2 hours ago
France will summon US envoy Charles Kushner over comments on activist’s death

France will summon US ambassador Charles Kushner to protest against comments by the Trump administration over the death of a far-right activist, the foreign affairs minister said. Jean-Noel Barrot was reacting to a statement by the State Department’s Counterterrorism Bureau, which posted on social media that “reports, corroborated by the French Minister of the Interior, that Quentin Deranque was killed by left-wing militants, should concern us all”. Deranque, a far-right activist, died of brain...

South China Morning Postabout 4 hours ago
5 dogs found poisoned to death in Hong Kong’s New Territories in single week

A dog suspected to have been poisoned was found dead in Hong Kong’s New Territories on Sunday, the fifth such case in the past week, according to police. The force on Sunday said that between February 16 and Saturday, it had received four reports involving the discovery of five dead dogs suspected to have been poisoned in an open space on Liu Pok Road in Lok Ma Chau. The latest case had been classified as “cruelty to animals” following a preliminary investigation, but no arrests have been made...

South China Morning Postabout 5 hours ago
Hong Kong eyes booking system, fees after campers overrun hotspots

Hong Kong authorities are looking at implementing a booking system and charging fees for camping hotspots as part of a review of management strategies in response to public concerns about overcrowded beaches and litter during the Lunar New Year holiday. The Agricultural, Fisheries and Conservation Department (AFCD) posted its plan on its Facebook page on Sunday after campers and hikers called for stronger public education, law enforcement and limits on visitor numbers at popular sites. At Ham...

South China Morning Postabout 5 hours ago
US Secret Service kills armed man entering Trump’s Mar-a-Lago

The US Secret Service announced on Sunday that an armed man was shot and killed after entering the secure perimeter of Mar-a-Lago, President Donald Trump’s resort in Palm Beach, Florida. Although Trump often spends weekends at his resort, he was at the White House during this incident. First lady Melania Trump was also with the president. The name of the person who was shot has not been released. According to the Secret Service, he was “observed by the north gate of the Mar-a-Lago property...

South China Morning Postabout 5 hours ago
Hungary spoils EU attempt at Russia sanctions package over oil flows

Hungary threatened to block a new package of European Union sanctions against Russia and to stall efforts to help Ukraine until Russian oil deliveries to Hungary resume. The EU’s foreign ministers are set to meet in Brussels on Monday to discuss the bloc’s 20th round of sanctions against Moscow, a measure they hope will be approved in time to coincide with the fourth anniversary of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on Tuesday. In a video posted to social media on Sunday, Hungarian Foreign Minister...

South China Morning Postabout 6 hours ago
China’s Type 095 nuclear submarine spotted for first time in new satellite images

China has launched its first next-generation Type 095 nuclear-powered attack submarine (SSN), according to satellite imagery analysed by defence experts. It marks a significant leap as Beijing ramps up the underwater arms race to challenge US naval dominance in technology and production. Images captured between February 9 and 12 showed the vessel being fitted out at the Bohai Shipyard in Huludao, Liaoning province, according to Janes and Naval News. Defence analysts said the pictures revealed a...