NewsWorld
PredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticles
NewsWorld
HomePredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticlesWorldTechnologyPoliticsBusiness
AI-powered predictive news aggregation© 2026 NewsWorld. All rights reserved.
Trending
TrumpTariffTradeAnnounceLaunchNewsPricesStrikesMajorFebruaryPhotosYourCarLotSayCourtDigestSundayTimelineSafetyGlobalMarketTechChina
TrumpTariffTradeAnnounceLaunchNewsPricesStrikesMajorFebruaryPhotosYourCarLotSayCourtDigestSundayTimelineSafetyGlobalMarketTechChina
All Articles
Trump warns Iran of  consequences of not making a deal
rte.ie
Clustered Story
Published 6 days ago

Trump warns Iran of consequences of not making a deal

rte.ie · Feb 17, 2026 · Collected from GDELT

Summary

Published: 20260217T031500Z

Full Article

Updated / Tuesday, 17 Feb 2026 02:42 President Donald Trump told reporters that he would be involved in talks today between the US and Iran in Geneva. The US President Donald Trump warned Iran of the "consequences of not making a deal" ahead of today's talks between the United States and the Islamic republic in Geneva. Speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One en route to Washington, Mr Trump said "I'll be involved in those talks, indirectly". "I don't think they want the consequences of not making a deal," he added. The latest talks, mediated by Oman, follow repeated threats from Mr Trump of military action against Tehran, first over Iran's deadly crackdown on anti-government protests, and then more recently over the country's nuclear programme. Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi (L) meets Omani Foreign Minister Badr bin Hamad Al Busaidi (R) in Geneva, Switzerland The United States and some European countries fear the program is aimed at making a bomb, which Tehran denies. Read more: Iran says US 'more realistic' on nuclear issue Washington has previously pushed for other topics to be discussed, including Iran's ballistic missiles and support for armed groups in the Middle East. Iran's foreign ministry yesterday said that "the US position on the Iranian nuclear issue has moved towards a more realistic one." A previous attempt at negotiations collapsed when Israel launched surprise strikes on Iran, beginning a 12-day war that Washington joined to bomb Iranian nuclear sites.


Share this story

Read Original at rte.ie

Related Articles

padovanews.itabout 9 hours ago
Iran offers to dilute 60 % enriched uranium for the US – Padovanews

Published: 20260222T064500Z

dostor.orgabout 9 hours ago
أكسيوس : ترامب لم يحسم أمره بشأن ضرب إيران

Published: 20260222T061500Z

smh.com.auabout 16 hours ago
Donald Trump Iran plan : Considers assassinating Ayatollah Ali Khamenei son Mojtaba Khamenei

Published: 20260221T234500Z

zerohedge.comabout 17 hours ago
White House Ready To Offer Iran Token Nuclear Enrichment Instead Of All - Out War

Published: 20260221T224500Z

aol.co.ukabout 17 hours ago
Trump Secretary of War is busy - pumping iron - while the president considers military strikes on Iran

Published: 20260221T224500Z

indianexpress.comabout 18 hours ago
Trump Warns of Really Bad Thing for Iran as US Moves Armada for Mid - March Strike Deadline

Published: 20260221T220000Z