NewsWorld
PredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticles
NewsWorld
HomePredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticlesWorldTechnologyPoliticsBusiness
AI-powered predictive news aggregation© 2026 NewsWorld. All rights reserved.
Trending
TrumpTariffTradeAnnounceLaunchNewsPricesStrikesMajorFebruaryPhotosYourCarLotSayCourtDigestSundayTimelineSafetyGlobalMarketTechChina
TrumpTariffTradeAnnounceLaunchNewsPricesStrikesMajorFebruaryPhotosYourCarLotSayCourtDigestSundayTimelineSafetyGlobalMarketTechChina
All Articles
Trump on verge of sending THIRD aircraft carrier to Middle East
mirror.co.uk
Published 5 days ago

Trump on verge of sending THIRD aircraft carrier to Middle East

mirror.co.uk · Feb 17, 2026 · Collected from GDELT

Summary

Published: 20260217T144500Z

Full Article

US military braces for weeks of tension build-up in Middle East as President Donald Trump considers ramping up threat against Iran by deploying a third carrier strike force to the region14:26, 17 Feb 2026America may deploy a third aircraft carrier strike force to threaten Iran as the USS George HW Bush prepares to join the US military war machine Middle East build-up. A third carrier would mean the Bush would join the USS Abraham Lincoln, which is in the Arabian Sea and the States’ USS Gerald R Ford, believed to be sailing to the region.‌It comes as talks get underway in Geneva over US demands for Iran to end its nuclear programme, climb down on its ballistic weapons growth and other major demands. If the USS George HW Bush does deploy it would mean America will have pushed almost a third of its entire naval strength towards the Middle East as tensions with Tehran grow. In addition the US has deployed another 18 F-35 fighters and six air force tankers, heading first to Crete, to add to the armada building strength in preparation for major strikes.‌‌It is now believed that US President Donald Trump is considering a larger-in-scale set of strikes against Iran, if Tehran refuses to accept Washington’s demands. Trump dubbed the talks "very important” and said he would be "indirectly" involved. He added: "I don't think they want the consequences of not making a deal.”And he warned that Tehran suffered badly from US strikes on its nuclear sites last June. He said: "We could have had a deal instead of sending the B-2s in to knock out their nuclear potential. And we had to send the B-2s. I hope they're going to be more reasonable."‌The tension began weeks ago with reports of mass deaths of opposition protesters within Iran as aid agencies say at least 7,000 rebels have been killed in a brutal crackdown. The extra F-35s sent out are expected to land in Crete to await orders and add to a large number of F-22 Raptors already moved up to the Middle East in preparation for war.The USS Lincoln is bristling with weapons including its F35C and Super Hornet fighters already in position. During Midnight Hammer last June, in which the US attacked Iran’s nuclear sites, it had two aircraft carrier strike groups in the region, five destroyers placed in the Mediterranean and Red Seas, and three combat ships in the Gulf.‌But the B2 stealth bomber flights that were used to hit the Fordo, Isfahan and Natanz nuclear sites took off from US bases in Missouri. Included in the attack would likely be Iran’s enriched uranium stocks, military targets and possibly even major regime figures if current negotiations fail.A military confrontation could begin with limited US strikes, with the possibility of escalation if or when the regime responds with attacks on Israel or the American fleet. A major target would also likely be Iran’s shadowy Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, its training facilities and defence operations. Fresh talks begin today in Geneva but so far Iran has agreed to discuss its nuclear programme and not its ballistic missiles being reduced.‌US President Donald Trump said days ago regime change in Iran is "the best thing that could happen,” without specifying what would replace the Ayatollah Khamenei rule. He added: "For 47 years, they've been talking and talking and talking. In the meantime, we've lost a lot of lives.”There have been claims inside Iran that opposition executions have gone ahead, despite US President Donald Trump’s threats against the regime. Officially aid agencies fear more than 7,000 opposition protesters were killed in recent uprising attempts, whilst a further 17,000 deaths are being investigated.‌Israeli President Benjamin Netanyahu has stated his four point demands to Trump must be adhered to and were hammered home during Washington meetings last week. They include that all enriched uranium to be removed, nuclear equipment dismantled, ballistic weapons to be reduced and major inspections must be allowed.Although it has dubbed these peace talks “nuclear talks” and Iran has accepted it will negotiate on its atomic programme it has refused to move on the ballistic weapons. It is the ballistic missiles, capable of reaching Iran, that Netanyahu has insisted most strongly on since he knows these provide the biggest danger and Tehran is unlikely to budge on it.Article continues belowThere are also six guided missile destroyers escorting the Lincoln in what will within weeks become the biggest US air and naval configuration in one region in years. The arrival of Ford- plus its escort destroyers - will double the US firepower in the region amid mounting tensions first triggered by bloody Iranian opposition protests.Uncertainty surrounds the fate of Iran's stockpile of more than 400 kilogrammes of 60-percent enriched uranium that was last seen by nuclear watchdog inspectors in June. Iran has been shoring up its nuclear sites in preparation for war. Intense activity has been spotted by satellite at the Natanz enrichment site- including heavy pick-up trucks and concrete pouring over entrances to protect stores of uranium in the event a war breaks out.


Share this story

Read Original at mirror.co.uk

Related Articles

mirror.co.ukabout 15 hours ago
Clonidine alert as NHS says call a doctor for this chest symptom

Published: 20260222T010000Z

mirror.co.uk1 day ago
Inside bitter by - election battle between Reform division and a united Manchester

Published: 20260221T111500Z

mirror.co.uk2 days ago
Common blue pill could work as a potential dementia treatment

Published: 20260220T123000Z

mirror.co.uk4 days ago
UK floods : Warning issued for days and months of misery to come

Published: 20260218T143000Z

mirror.co.uk4 days ago
Kremlin issues chilling WW3 warning to Keir Starmer – We are ready for a fight - World News

Published: 20260218T141500Z

mirror.co.uk5 days ago
Donald Trump issued more dangerou warning as Iran launches live missiles - World News

Published: 20260217T111500Z