NewsWorld
PredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticles
NewsWorld
HomePredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticlesWorldTechnologyPoliticsBusiness
AI-powered predictive news aggregation© 2026 NewsWorld. All rights reserved.
Trending
MilitaryTrumpStrikesMajorFebruaryIranAnnouncesMarketTariffsAdditionalIranianNewsDigestSundayTimelineUkraineNuclearTargetingGamePrivateEnergyTradeYearsHumanoid
MilitaryTrumpStrikesMajorFebruaryIranAnnouncesMarketTariffsAdditionalIranianNewsDigestSundayTimelineUkraineNuclearTargetingGamePrivateEnergyTradeYearsHumanoid
All Articles
Polestar aims to shake off EV doldrums with 4 new models in 3 years
The Verge
Clustered Story
Published 4 days ago

Polestar aims to shake off EV doldrums with 4 new models in 3 years

The Verge · Feb 18, 2026 · Collected from RSS

Summary

Polestar says it will release four new electric models over the next three years, including a new SUV and a revamped version of its Polestar 2 sedan. The Swedish automaker, which is owned by China's Geely, said it will start delivering its Polestar 5 grand tourer to customers this summer, followed by a new long-roof variant of its Polestar 4 in the fourth quarter. In early 2027, a "new successor" to the Polestar 2 will go into production. And in 2028, the company is planning to release a compact premium SUV as the Polestar 7. The news comes after Polestar reported strong sales growth in 2025, with the automaker's full-year sales reaching … Read the full story at The Verge.

Full Article

Polestar says it will release four new electric models over the next three years, including a new SUV and a revamped version of its Polestar 2 sedan.The Swedish automaker, which is owned by China’s Geely, said it will start delivering its Polestar 5 grand tourer to customers this summer, followed by a new long-roof variant of its Polestar 4 in the fourth quarter. In early 2027, a “new successor” to the Polestar 2 will go into production. And in 2028, the company is planning to release a compact premium SUV as the Polestar 7.The news comes after Polestar reported strong sales growth in 2025, with the automaker’s full-year sales reaching approximately 60,119 cars, a 34 percent increase over 2024. And while revenue for the first nine months of 2025 grew 49 percent to $2.17 billion, the company reported a significant net loss of $1.558 billion for the same period.Geely has stepped up several times to back Polestar with equity investments and loan guarantees. Polestar is hoping that these lower cost updates — revamping the Polestar 4’s body, reviving the Polestar 2 — can continue to drive sales growth while reining in the company’s losses.First on the list is the Polestar 5, which boasts 460 miles of range, an 800-volt architecture for ultra-fast charging, 884 horsepower, and 0-60mph in 3.1 seconds for the Performance trim. Polestar CEO Michael Longscheller calls the 5 “our brand halo car, bringing a new level of performance and luxury to the grand-tourer segment.” The four-door GT is expected to cost upwards of $120,000 when it’s released.The Polestar 4, which is already sparking controversy with its lack of a rear windshield, is getting a makeover to turn it into more of an estate car, or station wagon, for European customers. “Sweden is famous for its estate cars, and its SUVs are world-class,” Longscheller says in a press release. “We are combining the space of an estate and the versatility of an SUV with the dynamic performance that is Polestar.”Polestar stopped taking orders for the Polestar 2 last year, raising fears that it was discontinuing the EV that put the brand on the map. Now Longscheller says the company is working at “record speed” to bring the next-gen version of the 2 to market at the start of 2027.Lastly, the Polestar 7 SUV will compete “the largest EV segment in Europe,” which is compact SUVs, Longscheller says: “We are convinced that we can offer customers a progressive performance-driven car for a very attractive price point, built in Europe.”Follow topics and authors from this story to see more like this in your personalized homepage feed and to receive email updates.Andrew J. Hawkins


Share this story

Read Original at The Verge

Related Articles

Engadget4 days ago
Polestar unveils a station wagon version of the 4

Polestar is gearing up to launch three new models in the next two years, including a station wagon (estate or shooting brake) version of the Polestar 4 that harkens back to the company's Volvo roots. The Geely-owned Swedish company sold a record 61,000 EVs in 2025, but hopes that the new models will help it take an even bigger bite out of the market. "We want to get more volume out of a bigger cake," CEO Michael Lohscheller said.  Polestar currently offers two models in the US, the Polestar 3 and Polestar 4, both SUVs. However, the new Polestar 4 will come in two variants, one a traditional SUV as before and the other a four-door wagon-type version that combines "the space of an estate and the versatility of an SUV," Loscheller said. "It's all the good things from the current car, but it's a bit more practical." This new model is due later this year and will be built in Busan, South Korea in order to avoid US tariffs on cars built in China.  The automaker is also planning to release a new version of the Polestar 2 targeted at young buyers, though that one is unlikely to come to the US. It will be slightly longer for more passenger space and be produced in China like the current model 2.  Polestar Finally, the Polestar 7 will be a compact SUV in the same family as Volvo's EX60, set to arrive in Europe to address the fast-growing compact SUV segment. "We are convinced that we can offer customers a progressive performance-driven car for a very attractive price point, built in Europe," Lohscheller said.  The new models are designed to help Polestar hit its goal of 60 percent of EV sales worldwide by "targeting the big profit pools of the BEV segment," Lohscheller stated. Following Polestar's withdrawal from the hyper-competitive Chinese market, Europe accounts for 78 percent of its sales and the US most of the rest — but the company hopes to boost its fortunes in the latter. "People forget that the U.S. is a big EV market, especially on the east and west coasts," the

Bloomberg4 days ago
EV Maker Polestar Pares Back Sales Target Amid Volatile Demand

Polestar Automotive Holding UK Plc expects growth in deliveries to slow this year, tailoring sales to a volatile electric-vehicle market.

The Vergeabout 1 hour ago
You need to listen to Laurie Spiegel’s masterpiece of early ambient music

I recently had the pleasure of interviewing Laurie Spiegel for the site. As preparation for the interview, I spent a lot of time over the last couple of weeks revisiting Spiegel's records, most notably The Expanding Universe, her 1980 masterpiece that blends synth experimentalism with early examples of what would eventually be called ambient music, and algorithmic composition techniques. It's a marvel that sounds both nostalgic and cutting-edge at the same time. Tracks like "Patchwork" and "A Folk Study" dabble in the sort of bouncy arpeggios that beg comparisons to The Who's "Baba O'Riley," while "Old Wave" and "East River Dawn" conjure ea … Read the full story at The Verge.

The Vergeabout 7 hours ago
Trump says Netflix will ‘pay the consequences’ if it doesn’t fire Susan Rice

Former Ambassador to the UN Susan Rice at the State Department on September 26, 2023. | Photo: Alex Wong / Getty Images Donald Trump threatened that there would be "consequences" for Netflix if it didn't fire board member Susan Rice. Rice served in both the Obama and Biden administrations, and recently appeared on Preet Bharara's podcast, where she said corporations that "take a knee to Trump" are going to be "caught with more than their pants down. They are going to be held accountable." Right-wing influencer and conspiracy theorist Laura Loomer was quick to jump on the appearance and accused Rice of "threatening half the country with weaponized government and political retribution." She also pointed out that Netflix, whose board Rice is on, is trying to me … Read the full story at The Verge.

The Vergeabout 9 hours ago
This magazine plays Tetris — here’s how

The world’s first playable gaming magazine? Tetris has been immortalized in a playable McDonald's plastic chicken nugget, a playable fake 7-Eleven Slurpee cup, and a playable wristwatch. But the most intriguing way to play Tetris yet is encased in paper. Last year the Tetris Company partnered with Red Bull for a gaming tournament that culminated in the 150-meter-tall Dubai Frame landmark being turned into the world's largest playable Tetris installation using over 2,000 drones that functioned as pixels. Although the timing was a coincidence, Red Bull also published a 180-page gaming edition of its The Red Bulletin lifestyle magazine around the same time as the event, with a limite … Read the full story at The Verge.

The Vergeabout 10 hours ago
Vibe camera shootout: Camp Snap Pro vs. Flashback One35 V2

Fun vibes. Okay-ish photos. | Photo: Antonio G. Di Benedetto / The Verge There's been a surge of interest over the last few years in inexpensive digital cameras. Younger folks are snapping up old point-and-shoots because they view the aesthetic as more authentic and more appealing than smartphone images. Companies are even rereleasing old tech at new prices. And there are cameras like the original Camp Snap: a $70 single-button point-and-shoot with no screen, designed as a modern take on a disposable film camera. It's cheap enough to send off with a kid to summer camp and accessible enough for just about anyone to enjoy its lo-fi aesthetic. I've been testing two charming examples of this formula: the $99 Camp S … Read the full story at The Verge.