NewsWorld
PredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticles
NewsWorld
HomePredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticlesWorldTechnologyPoliticsBusiness
AI-powered predictive news aggregation© 2026 NewsWorld. All rights reserved.
Trending
TrumpTariffTradeAnnounceLaunchNewsPricesStrikesMajorFebruaryPhotosYourCarLotSayCourtDigestSundayTimelineSafetyGlobalMarketTechChina
TrumpTariffTradeAnnounceLaunchNewsPricesStrikesMajorFebruaryPhotosYourCarLotSayCourtDigestSundayTimelineSafetyGlobalMarketTechChina
All Articles
Katseye's Manon to take 'temporary hiatus' to focus on health
BBC World
Clustered Story
Published 1 day ago

Katseye's Manon to take 'temporary hiatus' to focus on health

BBC World · Feb 21, 2026 · Collected from RSS

Summary

The six-person girl group say the decision was made following "open and thoughtful conversations together".

Full Article

Katseye's Manon to take 'temporary hiatus' to focus on health33 minutes agoJessica RawnsleyGetty ImagesKatseye performed at the 2026 Grammy Awards, where they were nominated for best new artistKatseye member Manon Bannerman is taking a temporary break to focus on her health and wellbeing, the group has announced.The 23-year-old Swiss singer told fans she was "healthy" and "taking care of myself," adding: "Sometimes things unfold in ways we don't fully control, but I'm trusting the bigger picture."The six-member girl group, formed in 2023, said the decision had been made following "open and thoughtful conversations together".The announcement comes weeks after Katseye performed at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, where they were nominated for best new artist and best pop duo/group performance for their song, Gabriela."Thank you for standing by me," Bannerman wrote on Katseye's WeVerse fandom page on Friday. "I love you endlessly and can't wait to see you again."In a statement on WeVerse shared by their label, HYBE and Geffen Records, the group said: "We fully support this decision. Katseye remains committed to showing up for one another and for the fans who mean everything to us."Katseye confirmed they would continue scheduled performances during Bannerman's absence and "look forward to being together again when the time is right".No timeline has been given for her return.Getty ImagesBannerman reassured fans that she was "healthy" and taking care of herselfThe group - which also includes Daniela Avanzini, Lara Raj, Megan Skiendiel, Sophia Laforteza and Yoonchae Jeung - was formed during the 2023 reality competition series The Debut: Dream Academy.They released their first single in June 2024 with the song Debut and have since released two EPs, SIS (Soft is Strong) and Beautiful Chaos, alongside a string of singles.The group has previously spoken about the pressures of their rapid global rise to fame and the online scrutiny that has accompanied it. "I try to tell myself it doesn't matter, but if 1,000 people are sending you death threats, it's jarring," Lara Raj told the BBC.Raj said people see the band as "women to rank," calling it "so dystopian".Bannerman added that it was "very terrorising on the mind".More on this story


Share this story

Read Original at BBC World

Related Articles

eonline.com1 day ago
KATSEYE Manon Bannerman Taking Hiatus to Focus on Health

Published: 20260221T033000Z

BBC Worldabout 3 hours ago
Minnesota Vikings receiver Moore dies aged 25

The Minnesota Vikings have paid tribute to Rondale Moore after the 25-year-old's death.

BBC Worldabout 3 hours ago
Explosions kill police officer and injure 25 in western Ukraine

Twenty-five people were injured by explosions overnight in what officials are calling a terror attack.

BBC Worldabout 4 hours ago
US ambassador's Israel comments condemned by Arab and Muslim nations

Mike Huckabee suggested Israel would be justified in taking much of the Middle East on Biblical grounds.

BBC Worldabout 7 hours ago
Pakistan launches strikes on Afghanistan, with Taliban saying dozens killed

Pakistan says the strikes were retaliation for recent suicide bombings in the country.

BBC Worldabout 10 hours ago
More than 1,500 Venezuelan political prisoners apply for amnesty

The announcement by the head of Venezuela's National Assembly comes amid US pressure following the capture of ex-President Nicolás Maduro.