NewsWorld
PredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticles
NewsWorld
HomePredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticlesWorldTechnologyPoliticsBusiness
AI-powered predictive news aggregation© 2026 NewsWorld. All rights reserved.
Trending
TrumpTariffTradeAnnounceLaunchNewsPricesStrikesMajorFebruaryPhotosYourCarLotSayCourtDigestSundayTimelineSafetyGlobalMarketTechChina
TrumpTariffTradeAnnounceLaunchNewsPricesStrikesMajorFebruaryPhotosYourCarLotSayCourtDigestSundayTimelineSafetyGlobalMarketTechChina
All Articles
Israeli army kills 2 Palestinians in strikes on Gaza during Ramadan
Al Jazeera
Clustered Story
Published about 22 hours ago

Israeli army kills 2 Palestinians in strikes on Gaza during Ramadan

Al Jazeera · Feb 21, 2026 · Collected from RSS

Summary

Latest Israeli attacks bring total death toll in Gaza since October 'ceasefire' to 614.

Full Article

Latest Israeli attacks bring total death toll in Gaza since October ‘ceasefire’ to 614.Published On 21 Feb 2026Israeli air strikes killed at least two Palestinians in Gaza on the third day of Ramadan in the latest breach of the truce deal signed with Hamas more than four months ago.The attacks on Saturday occurred in northern Gaza’s Jabalia camp and the Qizan an-Najjar area in southern Gaza.Recommended Stories list of 4 itemslist 1 of 4Farmers in Gaza risk Israeli bullets to bring their fields back to lifelist 2 of 4Indonesia, Morocco, Kosovo among 5 countries to send troops under Gaza planlist 3 of 4Trump’s Board of Peace faces its first test on Gazalist 4 of 4The Take: Who made the cut on Trump’s ‘Board of Peace’ and what they wantend of listThe total death toll from Israel’s attacks since the “ceasefire” came into effect has risen to 614, with 1,640 more Palestinians wounded, according to the Palestinian news agency Wafa.Israel’s military appeared to acknowledge one of the attacks in a post on X, claiming its forces killed a fighter who crossed onto Israel’s side of the demarcation line in northern Gaza and approached its troops “in a manner that posed an immediate threat”.The army said it would “continue to act to remove any immediate threat”.‘Board of Peace’ deliberationsSaturday’s attacks come two days after US President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace held its first-ever meeting addressing reconstruction, security, and governance in the war-battered Strip.Trump announced at the gathering that nine countries committed $7bn for Gaza reconstruction efforts, on top of a $10bn contribution from the United States. While significant, the total is far short of the estimated $70bn needed to rebuild the devastated Palestinian territory.Trump also said five countries pledged to send troops to participate in an eventual 20,000-strong International Stabilization Force (ISF), which is to take over security from Hamas. But the task of disarming Hamas – called for in the next stage of the deal – is still unresolved, threatening to delay or derail the entire process.Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has insisted Hamas must disarm before any reconstruction begins. Last week, a top Netanyahu aide said Israel planned to give Hamas a 60-day deadline to comply before resuming its war, an ultimatum the group rejected.Hamas has said it will not relinquish its weapons as long as Israel continues occupying the Strip and discussions on any political process in Gaza “must start with the total halt of aggression”.The group has said it is open to a peacekeeping force, but with caveats.“We want peacekeeping forces that monitor the ceasefire, ensure its implementation, and act as a buffer between the occupation army and our people in the Gaza Strip, without interfering in Gaza’s internal affairs,” said Hamas spokesperson Hazem Qassem on Friday.‘Unclear in vision’Along with Hamas’s disarmament, the next stage of Trump’s plan for Gaza calls for the gradual withdrawal of the Israeli military and the ISF’s deployment, with a transitional Palestinian technocratic committee overseeing day-to-day governance.Many Palestinians told Al Jazeera they are deeply sceptical about the plan’s prospects for success, citing Israel’s continued deadly attacks and lingering aid shortages.“Israel kills, bombs, violates the ceasefire agreement daily and expands the buffer zone without anyone stopping it,” said Awad al-Ghoul, 70, a Palestinian displaced from Tal as-Sultan in southern Rafah and who now lives in a tent in the town of az-Zawayda.“So this project is a failure from the start and unclear in vision.”


Share this story

Read Original at Al Jazeera

Related Articles

France 247 days ago
IDF claims attacks were a response to ceasefire violations

In the Middle East, new Israeli strikes have hit the Gaza Strip, leaving at least 12 people dead according to the Palestinian Civil Defense, in what is described as a violation of the ceasefire, with Israel and Hamas blaming each other, while at least 601 Palestinians have been killed since the start of the truce last October. France24 journalist Andrew Hilliar shares his insights.

France 247 days ago
New Israeli strikes have hit Gaza, leaving at least 12 dead

In the Middle East, new Israeli strikes have hit the Gaza Strip, leaving at least 12 people dead according to the Palestinian Civil Defense, in what is described as a violation of the ceasefire, with Israel and Hamas blaming each other, while at least 601 Palestinians have been killed since the start of the truce last October. Eliza Herbert has this story.

The Hill7 days ago
At least 11 killed in Israeli strikes on Gaza

Israeli strikes killed at least 11 Palestinians in Gaza on Sunday, Palestinian officials said, according to multiple outlets. Reuters, citing local medics, reported one airstrike that hit an encampment with displaced families left four dead. A different strike, according to health officials, left five others dead in Khan Younis. According to the Israel Defense Forces...

France 247 days ago
Gaza's civil defence agency says Israeli air strikes kill 12

Israel carried out airstrikes on the Gaza Strip on Sunday, killing at least 12 Palestinians, Palestinian officials said, with the military claiming to be acting in response to ceasefire violations by the armed group Hamas. The civil defence agency said one airstrike hit a tent of displaced people in northern Gaza while another targeted the southern city of Khan Yunis.

South China Morning Post7 days ago
Israeli air strikes kill 11 in Gaza, say Palestinian officials

Israel fired air strikes across the Gaza Strip on Sunday, killing at least 11 Palestinians, Palestinian officials said, in what the military called a response to ceasefire violations by Palestinian militant group Hamas. Gaza doctors said an Israeli air strike on a tent encampment housing displaced families killed at least four people, while health officials said another strike killed five in Khan Younis in the south ‌and another person was shot dead in the north. Air strikes also targeted what...

BBC World7 days ago
Eleven killed in Israeli strikes on Gaza, rescuers say

The Palestinian Red Crescent say a strike on a tent encampment in northern Gaza killed at least six people.