NewsWorld
PredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticles
NewsWorld
HomePredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticlesWorldTechnologyPoliticsBusiness
AI-powered predictive news aggregation© 2026 NewsWorld. All rights reserved.
Trending
MilitaryTrumpStrikesMajorFebruaryIranAnnouncesMarketTariffsAdditionalIranianNewsDigestSundayTimelineUkraineNuclearTargetingGamePrivateEnergyTradeYearsHumanoid
MilitaryTrumpStrikesMajorFebruaryIranAnnouncesMarketTariffsAdditionalIranianNewsDigestSundayTimelineUkraineNuclearTargetingGamePrivateEnergyTradeYearsHumanoid
All Articles
Israel says it hit Hezbollah sites in eastern Lebanon
DW News
Clustered Story
Published 2 days ago

Israel says it hit Hezbollah sites in eastern Lebanon

DW News · Feb 21, 2026 · Collected from RSS

Summary

The strikes targeted Hezbollah command centers in the Baalbek area, part of eastern Lebanon's Bekaa Valley, the Israeli military said. They are among the deadliest reported in the region in recent weeks.

Full Article

At least 10 people were killed and 24 wounded in Israeli strikes in Lebanon's eastern Bekaa Valley on Friday, Lebanon's Health Ministry reported. Israel's military said in a statement that it had hit Hezbollah command centers. The strikes are among the deadliest reported in the region in recent weeks. A senior Hezbollah official was among the dead, sources told Reuters news agency. Hezbollah is an Iran-backed Shiite political party and militant group in Lebanon. It is designated as a terrorist organization by the US, Germany and several Sunni Arab countries, while the EU lists its armed wing as a terrorist group.How Hezbollah conflict has reshaped northern IsraelTo view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video Hamas targeted in southern Lebanon Separately, the Israeli military on Friday said it had also struck what it said was a Hamas command center from which militants operated in the ​Ain al-Hilweh area ⁠in southern Lebanon.Ain al-Hilweh is a crowded Palestinian refugee camp. Hamas ⁠condemned the Israeli strike on Ain al-Hilweh. The militant, Islamist group acknowledged that two of its members had been killed in the strike. However, it rejected Israel's claim of targeting a command center, slamming it as a "flimsy pretext." The building targeted belonged to a joint security force tasked with maintaining security in the camp, Hamas said. The Israeli military said it "is operating against the entrenchment" of the Palestinian militant group in Lebanon and will "continue to act decisively against Hamas terrorists wherever they operate." Hamas is classified as a terror organization by the US, Germany and several other countries. Lebanon's Catch-22 predicament over Israel and HezbollahTo view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video A fragile ceasefire Almost immediately after the attack on Israel led by the Gaza-based militant group Hamas on October 7, 2023, Hezbollah began firing rockets from Lebanon into Israel in support of Hamas and Palestinians. Israel responded with airstrikes and shelling. The low-level conflict escalated into full-scale war in September 2024. The US then brokered a ceasefire in November 2024, but it remains tenuous. Israel has launched regular strikes on Lebanon despite the truce, saying it is targeting militants from Hezbollah and sometimes Hamas. Lebanon's government last year committed to disarming Hezbollah. The Lebanese army recently said it had completed the first phase of the plan, covering the area near the Israeli border. But Israel has criticized the Lebanese army's progress as insufficient. It has also accused Hezbollah of trying to rebuild and rearm.Civilians caught in the middle of Israel-Lebanon tensionsTo view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video Edited by: Kieran Burke


Share this story

Read Original at DW News

Related Articles

France 241 day ago
Hezbollah says 'resistance' is the only choice after deadly Israeli strike

A Hezbollah official on Saturday said that "resistance" was the only option after Israeli strikes in Lebanon killed eight of its operatives. On Friday, the Israeli military said it had hit Hezbollah command centres in eastern Lebanon and targets linked to the Palestinian group Hamas in the south.

Euronews1 day ago
Hezbollah says Israeli strikes on eastern Lebanon on Friday have killed eight of its members

Two Hezbollah have confirmed to the Associated Press that eight of their members, including local-level officials, were killed in Friday’s Israeli attacks on the eastern Baalbek region. The IDF says the strikes eliminated members planning operations against Israel.

Al Jazeera1 day ago
Videos show aftermath of deadly Israeli attacks in Lebanon

Israel’s military has carried out air attacks on eastern Lebanon’s Bekaa Valley and refugee camp Ein el-Hilweh.

BBC World2 days ago
At least 10 killed in Israeli strikes on Lebanon - state media

A senior Hezbollah official was among those reported killed in air strikes on the Bekaa Valley and southern Lebanon.

Al Jazeera2 days ago
At least two killed in Israeli attack on Palestinian camp in Lebanon

Lebanon's official news agency NNA says 'Israeli drone' targeted the Hittin neighbourhood of the Ein el-Hilweh camp.

Al Jazeera7 days ago
Israel bombs Lebanon-Syria border, kills four people

Lebanese authorities say Israeli forces bombed a vehicle near the border, killing at least four people.