NewsWorld
PredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticles
NewsWorld
HomePredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticlesWorldTechnologyPoliticsBusiness
AI-powered predictive news aggregation© 2026 NewsWorld. All rights reserved.
Trending
TrumpTariffTradeAnnounceLaunchNewsPricesStrikesMajorFebruaryPhotosYourCarLotSayCourtDigestSundayTimelineSafetyGlobalMarketTechChina
TrumpTariffTradeAnnounceLaunchNewsPricesStrikesMajorFebruaryPhotosYourCarLotSayCourtDigestSundayTimelineSafetyGlobalMarketTechChina
All Articles
Israel braces for possible  weeks - long  fighting amid U . S .- Iran nuclear talks : media - Xinhua
english.news.cn
Clustered Story
Published 4 days ago

Israel braces for possible weeks - long fighting amid U . S .- Iran nuclear talks : media - Xinhua

english.news.cn · Feb 18, 2026 · Collected from GDELT

Summary

Published: 20260218T214500Z

Full Article

JERUSALEM, Feb. 18 (Xinhua) -- Israel is on heightened alert and assessing that a confrontation with Iran could begin "soon," state broadcaster Kan reported Wednesday, citing senior Israeli officials. The report said Israel is maintaining a high level of readiness amid the possibility of a near-term U.S. strike on Iran, estimating that if launched, such an operation could develop into a weeks-long campaign. Officials said U.S. President Donald Trump appears closer to launching a large-scale confrontation in the Middle East, and that Israel is preparing for a scenario in which fighting could break out "possibly within days." "We are facing challenging days in relation to Iran," Boaz Bismuth, chairman of parliament's Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee, said in the Knesset, adding, "The public is preparing, the authorities are preparing." Additionally, a pre-scheduled meeting of Israel's security cabinet was postponed from Thursday to Sunday, a government official said, amid heightened tensions between Iran and the United States and a U.S. military buildup in the region. U.S. online outlet Axios reported, citing open-source flight radar data and a U.S. official, that last week Trump sent a second aircraft carrier strike group to the Middle East. More than 50 F-35, F-22, and F-16 fighter jets have moved to the region over the past 24 hours. Iran and the United States concluded the second round of indirect nuclear talks in Geneva on Tuesday. The negotiations, held at Oman's embassy in the Swiss city, were mediated by Omani Foreign Minister Sayyid Badr bin Hamad bin Hamood Albusaidi. The first round of the indirect talks took place in the Omani capital Muscat on Feb. 6. â– 


Share this story

Read Original at english.news.cn

Related Articles

athens-times.comabout 8 hours ago
7 U . S .- Iran War Scenarios in the Middle East

Published: 20260222T080000Z

sun-sentinel.comabout 21 hours ago
Why attacking Iran could be riskier than capturing Maduro

Published: 20260221T183000Z

dailymail.co.ukabout 22 hours ago
US military prepared to pursue regime change in Iran if Trump orders it - planning at advanced stage and individual leaders may be targeted

Published: 20260221T171500Z

cnn.com1 day ago
How Iran could strike back if Trump attacks

Published: 20260221T133000Z

independent.ie1 day ago
US military planning to target individual leaders in Tehran , officials say

Published: 20260221T064500Z

wlz-online.de1 day ago
Iran - Streit : Teheran nennt Angriffsziele – Trump zieht Ultimatum

Published: 20260221T063000Z