NewsWorld
PredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticles
NewsWorld
HomePredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticlesWorldTechnologyPoliticsBusiness
AI-powered predictive news aggregation© 2026 NewsWorld. All rights reserved.
Trending
TrumpTariffTradeAnnounceLaunchNewsPricesStrikesMajorFebruaryPhotosYourCarLotSayCourtDigestSundayTimelineSafetyGlobalMarketTechChina
TrumpTariffTradeAnnounceLaunchNewsPricesStrikesMajorFebruaryPhotosYourCarLotSayCourtDigestSundayTimelineSafetyGlobalMarketTechChina
All Articles
Iran - US Tensions LIVE Updates : Tehran prepares response as Trump gives 15 - day deadline , considers strike option
hindustantimes.com
Clustered Story
Published 1 day ago

Iran - US Tensions LIVE Updates : Tehran prepares response as Trump gives 15 - day deadline , considers strike option

hindustantimes.com · Feb 21, 2026 · Collected from GDELT

Summary

Published: 20260221T071500Z

Full Article

LiveUpdated on: Feb 21, 2026 2:31:11 PM ISTIran-US Tensions LIVE Update: Iran’s foreign minister Abbas Araqchi said a draft counterproposal could be ready within the next two to three days as Donald Trump signalled he is considering limited military strikes.Iran-US Tensions LIVE Updates: Donald Trump signals possible strike on Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and his sonIran-US Tensions LIVE Updates: Iran is reportedly preparing a draft counterproposal within days after fresh nuclear talks with the United States, even as US President Donald Trump signalled he is weighing limited military strikes and set a 10–15 day deadline for Tehran to reach a deal. Meanwhile, the US Congress could vote as soon as next week on a measure to block Trump from launching military strikes against Iran without lawmakers’ approval.Speaking on Friday, Iran’s foreign minister Abbas Araqchi said a draft counterproposal could be ready in the next two or three days, reported Reuters. The move follows indirect talks held this week in Geneva between Iranian officials and Trump’s Special Envoy Steve Witkoff, along with Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner. Araqchi said the two sides had reached an understanding on key “guiding principles,” but made it clear that this did not mean a final deal was close. Tehran signals draft plan within days In an interview with MS NOW, Araqchi said he expects to present the draft counterproposal to senior Iranian officials for review shortly. If approved, more US-Iran talks could take place in about a week. However, he cautioned that military action would complicate diplomatic efforts. His remarks came a day after Trump publicly warned Tehran to strike a deal or face consequences. Trump says strike option under consideration On Thursday, Trump gave Iran what he described as a 10 to 15-day window to resolve the long-running nuclear dispute. Failing that, he warned of “really bad things,” amid a US military buildup in the Middle East. When asked at the White House on Friday whether he was considering limited strikes to pressure Iran into an agreement, Trump replied: “I guess I can say I am considering” it, reported Reuters. Later, at a White House press conference, he added: “They better negotiate a fair deal.” Two US officials told Reuters that military planning related to Iran had reached an advanced stage. According to them, options under consideration include targeting specific individuals and, if ordered by Trump, even pursuing leadership change in Tehran. Iran unrest The renewed threats come months after the United States and Israel carried out strikes on Iran’s nuclear facilities and some military sites in June last year. Since January, President Donald Trump has again warned of possible military action following widespread protests in Iran and the crackdown that followed. The US-based human rights group HRANA, which monitors developments in the country, says it has recorded 7,114 verified deaths linked to the unrest, with another 11,700 cases still under review, reported Reuters. Iranian authorities, however, have put the death toll at 3,117 people killed during the protests. ...Read MoreSpeaking on Friday, Iran’s foreign minister Abbas Araqchi said a draft counterproposal could be ready in the next two or three days, reported Reuters. The move follows indirect talks held this week in Geneva between Iranian officials and Trump’s Special Envoy Steve Witkoff, along with Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner. Araqchi said the two sides had reached an understanding on key “guiding principles,” but made it clear that this did not mean a final deal was close. Tehran signals draft plan within days In an interview with MS NOW, Araqchi said he expects to present the draft counterproposal to senior Iranian officials for review shortly. If approved, more US-Iran talks could take place in about a week. However, he cautioned that military action would complicate diplomatic efforts. His remarks came a day after Trump publicly warned Tehran to strike a deal or face consequences. Trump says strike option under consideration On Thursday, Trump gave Iran what he described as a 10 to 15-day window to resolve the long-running nuclear dispute. Failing that, he warned of “really bad things,” amid a US military buildup in the Middle East. When asked at the White House on Friday whether he was considering limited strikes to pressure Iran into an agreement, Trump replied: “I guess I can say I am considering” it, reported Reuters. Later, at a White House press conference, he added: “They better negotiate a fair deal.” Two US officials told Reuters that military planning related to Iran had reached an advanced stage. According to them, options under consideration include targeting specific individuals and, if ordered by Trump, even pursuing leadership change in Tehran. Iran unrest The renewed threats come months after the United States and Israel carried out strikes on Iran’s nuclear facilities and some military sites in June last year. Since January, President Donald Trump has again warned of possible military action following widespread protests in Iran and the crackdown that followed. The US-based human rights group HRANA, which monitors developments in the country, says it has recorded 7,114 verified deaths linked to the unrest, with another 11,700 cases still under review, reported Reuters. Iranian authorities, however, have put the death toll at 3,117 people killed during the protests. Follow all the updates here:Feb 21, 2026 2:31:10 PM ISTIran-US Tensions LIVE Updates: Tehran would likely halt participation in nuclear talks if the United States launched a strike, a senior regional government official told Bloomberg on condition of anonymity.Barbara Slavin, a fellow at the Stimson Center in Washington, said the warning underscores the risks of military threats. “He’s not going to get a diplomatic agreement out of the Iranians if he attacks them again,” Slavin said, the report added.She added that the threats alone — even without action — could make Tehran less willing to negotiate a deal.Feb 21, 2026 2:08:03 PM ISTIran US Tensions LIVE Updates: The Australian government has urged its citizens to avoid travel to Iran and leave the country if it is safe to do so, citing the risk of military conflict and potential airspace disruptions, according to updated SmartTraveller advice cited by Iran International.“Prioritise your safety, monitor events and follow local advice,” the government said, noting that while commercial flights are currently available, schedules could change quickly due to recent airspace closures and restrictions.The advisory described Iran’s security situation as extremely volatile, warning that Australians – including dual nationals – face a high risk of detention. Those remaining in the country were advised to avoid public gatherings and protests and be prepared to shelter in place with sufficient food, water, and medication.Feb 21, 2026 1:50:57 PM ISTIran US Tensions LIVE Updates: The United States has reaffirmed its commitment to impose visa restrictions on individuals involved in repressing Iranians, following violent crackdowns and censorship, officials said on Friday.Assistant Secretary Mora Namdar posted on X: “The United States will continue to pursue visa restrictions for individuals who violently repress and censor Iranians seeking to exercise their freedom of expression.”The move signals Washington’s continued pressure on Tehran amid ongoing human rights concerns and growing international scrutiny.Feb 21, 2026 1:45:34 PM ISTIran US Tensions LIVE Updates: US President Donald Trump is weighing a narrow nuclear agreement with Iran that could allow “token” uranium enrichment, even as he is being presented with Pentagon options that include plans targeting Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei and his son, Axios reported on Friday, citing senior US officials and advisers.The report suggests that diplomatic and military tracks are being considered simultaneously as tensions remain high.Responding to the report, White House spokesperson Anna Kelly told Axios: “The media may continue to speculate on the President's thinking all they want, but only President Trump knows what he may or may not do.”Feb 21, 2026 1:41:09 PM ISTIran US Tensions LIVE Updates: Iran’s foreign minister Abbas Araqchi has rejected US President Donald Trump’s claim that 32,000 people were killed in Iran in a short period, asking Washington to provide evidence for the figure.“Iran's Government has already published a comprehensive list of all 3117 victims of recent terrorist operation, including about 200 officers,” Araqchi wrote on X.“If anyone disputes accuracy of our data, please share any evidence,” he added, directly challenging Trump’s statement on the reported death toll.Feb 21, 2026 1:19:07 PM ISTIran US Tensions LIVE Updates: Despite President Donald Trump’s tough rhetoric on Iran, there is still no “unified support” within the administration for moving ahead with a military strike, a senior White House official said.The official, speaking to Reuters on condition of anonymity, said internal discussions are ongoing and no final decision has been made. Trump’s aides are also said to be mindful of avoiding a “distracted message” to undecided voters who are more focused on economic issues, suggesting political considerations are also part of the calculation.Feb 21, 2026 12:42:14 PM ISTIran US Tensions LIVE Updates: Some US lawmakers are pushing back against President Donald Trump’s recent comments on possible military action against Iran, saying Congress should have a say before any strikes happen.Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia said Friday that he has filed a war powers resolution that would require the president to get lawmakers’ approval before launching military action against Iran.Kaine acknowledged that the measure has little chance of becoming law, in part because Trump would have to sign it."If some of my colleagu


Share this story

Read Original at hindustantimes.com

Related Articles

zazoom.itabout 7 hours ago
Usa e Israele vogliono costringere lIran a interrompere il programma militare Ma Teheran ora gode del sostegno militare cinese

Published: 20260222T084500Z

zf.roabout 23 hours ago
Iranienii , stau pe un butoi de pulbere de frica atacului american . O furtună în ...

Published: 20260221T170000Z

dw.comabout 23 hours ago
特朗普 : 伊朗须在 10至15天 内达成协议

Published: 20260221T163000Z

rbc.ruabout 23 hours ago
FT рассказала об обстановке в Тегеране на фоне угроз США

Published: 20260221T161500Z

naturalnews.com1 day ago
Trump issues 10 - day ULTIMATUM for Iran : Agree to a deal or face military strikes – NaturalNews . com

Published: 20260221T150000Z

amosnews.ro1 day ago
Iranul avertizează ONU cu privire la un răspuns decisiv în cazul unui atac american -

Published: 20260221T123000Z