NewsWorld
PredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticles
NewsWorld
HomePredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticlesWorldTechnologyPoliticsBusiness
AI-powered predictive news aggregation© 2026 NewsWorld. All rights reserved.
Trending
AlsTrumpFebruaryMajorDane'sResearchElectionCandidateCampaignPartyStrikesNewsDigestSundayTimelineLaunchesPrivateGlobalCongressionalCrisisPoliticalEricBlueCredit
AlsTrumpFebruaryMajorDane'sResearchElectionCandidateCampaignPartyStrikesNewsDigestSundayTimelineLaunchesPrivateGlobalCongressionalCrisisPoliticalEricBlueCredit
All Articles
Iran top general warns new war will be  lesson  for Trump ahead of next round of talks
aa.com.tr
Clustered Story
Published 7 days ago

Iran top general warns new war will be lesson for Trump ahead of next round of talks

aa.com.tr · Feb 15, 2026 · Collected from GDELT

Summary

Published: 20260215T151500Z

Full Article

By Syed Zafar MehdiTEHRAN, Iran (AA) - Iran’s top military commander warned Sunday that any US war against Tehran would serve as “a lesson” for President Donald Trump, as tensions continue to simmer in the region.Major General Abdolrahim Mousavi, Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces, said that the US president should understand he would be entering “a lesson-giving battle.”Trump said on Friday that regime change in Iran “would be the best thing that could happen,” as tensions escalate amid the deployment of a second US aircraft carrier to the Middle East.He announced that the USS Gerald R. Ford, described as the world’s largest aircraft carrier, would soon head to the region in case ongoing talks between Washington and Tehran fail.“In case we don’t make a deal, we’ll need it,” he said. “It’ll be leaving very soon.”The USS Abraham Lincoln and a fleet of destroyers are already stationed in the Persian Gulf region, having been dispatched last month amid rising tensions between the two countries.Mousavi described Trump’s comments as “unworthy of a president” and “reckless.”He said that if Trump intends to wage war, he should not speak of “negotiations,” referring to the ongoing nuclear diplomacy between the two sides that resumed earlier this month.The latest round of nuclear talks was held in Oman on Feb. 6, more than eight months after the Iran-Israel war put the diplomacy on the backburner.Türkiye and other regional states recently intervened to help ease tensions and revive the diplomatic channels, particularly after Trump threatened to use military action against Iran.The next round of talks is scheduled for Tuesday in Geneva, according to Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister Majid Takht-Ravanchi, who confirmed the meeting in an interview on Sunday.He said Washington must demonstrate its commitment to reaching an agreement aimed at resolving the nuclear issue.“The ball is in America’s court,” he said. “If they are sincere, I’m sure we will be on the road to an agreement.” Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.


Share this story

Read Original at aa.com.tr

Related Articles

sun-sentinel.comabout 16 hours ago
Why attacking Iran could be riskier than capturing Maduro

Published: 20260221T183000Z

dailymail.co.ukabout 17 hours ago
US military prepared to pursue regime change in Iran if Trump orders it - planning at advanced stage and individual leaders may be targeted

Published: 20260221T171500Z

cnn.comabout 21 hours ago
How Iran could strike back if Trump attacks

Published: 20260221T133000Z

independent.ie1 day ago
US military planning to target individual leaders in Tehran , officials say

Published: 20260221T064500Z

wlz-online.de1 day ago
Iran - Streit : Teheran nennt Angriffsziele – Trump zieht Ultimatum

Published: 20260221T063000Z

wsws.org1 day ago
US draws up plans for leadership change and targeting individuals in Iran strike

Published: 20260221T044500Z