NewsWorld
PredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticles
NewsWorld
HomePredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticlesWorldTechnologyPoliticsBusiness
AI-powered predictive news aggregation© 2026 NewsWorld. All rights reserved.
Trending
TrumpTariffTradeLaunchAnnouncePricesStrikesMajorFebruaryChinaMarketCourtNewsDigestSundayTimelineHongKongServiceMilitaryTechSafetyGlobalOil
TrumpTariffTradeLaunchAnnouncePricesStrikesMajorFebruaryChinaMarketCourtNewsDigestSundayTimelineHongKongServiceMilitaryTechSafetyGlobalOil
All Articles
Iran  drafting framework to advance  future US talks : FM
spacewar.com
Clustered Story
Published 4 days ago

Iran drafting framework to advance future US talks : FM

spacewar.com · Feb 18, 2026 · Collected from GDELT

Summary

Published: 20260218T201500Z

Full Article

Iran 'drafting framework to advance' future US talks: FM Paris, France, Feb 18 (AFP) Feb 18, 2026 Iran's top diplomat Abbas Araghchi said on Wednesday that Tehran was "drafting" a framework for future talks with the United States, as the US energy secretary said Washington would stop Iran's nuclear ambitions "one way or another".Diplomatic efforts are underway to avert the possibility of US military intervention in Iran, with Washington conducting a military build-up in the region.Iran and the US held a second round of Oman-mediated negotiations on Tuesday in Geneva, after talks last year collapsed following Israel's attack on Iran in June, which started a 12-day war.Araghchi said on Tuesday that Tehran had agreed with Washington on "guiding principles", but US Vice President JD Vance said Tehran had not yet acknowledged all of Washington's "red lines".On Wednesday, Araghchi held a phone call with Rafael Grossi, the head of the UN nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency.In the call, Araghchi "stressed the Islamic Republic of Iran's focus on drafting an initial and coherent framework to advance future talks", according to a statement from the Iranian foreign ministry.Also on Wednesday, US Energy Secretary Chris Wright warned that Washington would deter Tehran from acquiring nuclear weapons "one way or the other"."They've been very clear about what they would do with nuclear weapons. It's entirely unacceptable," Wright told reporters in Paris on the sidelines of meetings of the International Energy Agency.Earlier on Wednesday, Reza Najafi, Iran's permanent representative to the IAEA in Vienna, held a joint meeting with Grossi and the ambassadors of China and Russia "to exchange views" on the upcoming session of the agency's board of governors meetings and "developments related to Iran's nuclear programme", Iran's mission in Vienna said on X.Tehran has suspended some cooperation with the IAEA and restricted the watchdog's inspectors from accessing sites bombed by Israel and the United States, accusing the UN body of bias and of failing to condemn the strikes.- Displays of military might -The Omani-mediated talks were aimed at averting the possibility of US military action, while Tehran is demanding the lifting of US sanctions that are crippling its economy.Iran has insisted that the discussions be limited to the nuclear issue, though Washington has previously pushed for Tehran's ballistic missiles programme and support for armed groups in the region to be on the table.US President Donald Trump has repeatedly threatened to intervene militarily against Iran, first over a deadly crackdown on protesters last month and then more recently over its nuclear programme.On Wednesday, Israeli President Isaac Herzog sent a message to Iranians, saying "I want to send the people of Iran best wishes for the month of Ramadan, and I truly hope and pray that this reign of terror will end and that we will see a different era in the Middle East," according to a statement from his office. Washington has ordered two aircraft carriers to the region, with the first, the USS Abraham Lincoln with nearly 80 aircraft, positioned about 700 kilometres (435 miles) from the Iranian coast as of Sunday, satellite images showed.Iran has also sought to display its own military might, with its Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps beginning a series of war games on Monday in the Strait of Hormuz.Iranian politicians have repeatedly threatened to block the strait, a major global conduit for oil and gas.On Tuesday state TV reported that Tehran would close parts of the waterway for safety measures during the drills.Iran's supreme leader warned on Tuesday that the country had the ability to sink a US warship deployed to the Gulf.


Share this story

Read Original at spacewar.com

Related Articles

padovanews.itabout 10 hours ago
Iran offers to dilute 60 % enriched uranium for the US – Padovanews

Published: 20260222T064500Z

dostor.orgabout 11 hours ago
أكسيوس : ترامب لم يحسم أمره بشأن ضرب إيران

Published: 20260222T061500Z

smh.com.auabout 17 hours ago
Donald Trump Iran plan : Considers assassinating Ayatollah Ali Khamenei son Mojtaba Khamenei

Published: 20260221T234500Z

zerohedge.comabout 18 hours ago
White House Ready To Offer Iran Token Nuclear Enrichment Instead Of All - Out War

Published: 20260221T224500Z

aol.co.ukabout 18 hours ago
Trump Secretary of War is busy - pumping iron - while the president considers military strikes on Iran

Published: 20260221T224500Z

indianexpress.comabout 19 hours ago
Trump Warns of Really Bad Thing for Iran as US Moves Armada for Mid - March Strike Deadline

Published: 20260221T220000Z