NewsWorld
PredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticles
NewsWorld
HomePredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticlesWorldTechnologyPoliticsBusiness
AI-powered predictive news aggregation© 2026 NewsWorld. All rights reserved.
Trending
TrumpFebruaryHealthProtestsTariffNewsMilitaryCrisisStrikesCampaignDigestSundayTimelineOneSafetyPolicyRefundsLaunchHospitalFacesPoliticalPrisonersReferralEmergency
TrumpFebruaryHealthProtestsTariffNewsMilitaryCrisisStrikesCampaignDigestSundayTimelineOneSafetyPolicyRefundsLaunchHospitalFacesPoliticalPrisonersReferralEmergency
All Articles
‘Face/Off 2’ Director Adam Wingard is Now/Gone
Gizmodo
Published about 3 hours ago

‘Face/Off 2’ Director Adam Wingard is Now/Gone

Gizmodo · Feb 22, 2026 · Collected from RSS

Summary

Does a new director for the 'Face/Off' sequel mean Wingard and co-writer Simon Barrett's idea for it is also DOA?

Full Article

Do you remember when it was announced a Face/Off sequel was in development? If so, you’ll be displeased to hear the sequel’s hit a snag after its director dropped out. First reported by Collider earlier this week, Adam Wingard has left the project he was co-writing with Simon Barrett. No particular reason was given for his leave, but Collider noted he was first attached to the project since its official announcement, and even hyped it up during the press run for Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire in 2024. With this sequel now off his plate, Wingard’s focused on his upcoming A24 film Onslaught. It’s unclear how his leave affects Barrett, who he’s worked with on various films, Onslaught and New Empire included. After Wingard was first attached to Face/Off 2, returning star Nicholas Cage indicated it’d be a face-swapping feast. Not only would he and John Travolta change faces again, so would the now-grown versions of their kids from the original film. “It becomes three-dimensional chess,” said Cage in 2023. “It’s four of us ping-ponging and going at different levels, and it becomes even more complex.” With new creative voices now able to take over, hopefully that part of the film stays in the changeover. It sounds amazingly dumb, and way too good of a premise to lose. We’ll have more on Face/Off 2 as news emerges. Want more io9 news? Check out when to expect the latest Marvel, Star Wars, and Star Trek releases, what’s next for the DC Universe on film and TV, and everything you need to know about the future of Doctor Who.


Share this story

Read Original at Gizmodo

Related Articles

Gizmodoabout 1 hour ago
You Have to Watch This ‘Mortal Kombat’ Themed Olympics Performance

Georgia's figure skating team used their Pairs performance to shout out the fighting franchise and yes, use the 'Mortal Kombat' theme.

Gizmodoabout 6 hours ago
Webb Just Spent 17 Hours Staring at Uranus—and Found Its Auroras Are Even Weirder Than We Thought

The telescope observed the ice giant for a full rotation, revealing how temperature and charged particles vary with altitude.

Gizmodoabout 9 hours ago
Flock Cameras Have a People-Love-Smashing-Them Problem

People just aren't being very nice to these mass surveillance devices.

Gizmodoabout 21 hours ago
An Unbothered Jimmy Wales Calls Grokipedia a ‘Cartoon Imitation’ of Wikipedia

Speaking at India's AI Impact Summit, Wales went in on the hallucinating pretender to the throne.

Gizmodoabout 21 hours ago
The ‘Mutant Mayhem 2’ Release Date Will Shift Until Morale Improves

Can we get the 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem' sequel date a little higher? Paramount says 'yes.'

Gizmodoabout 23 hours ago
The Legend That Defined the Music of ‘Final Fantasy’ Is Getting the Biography He Deserves

Read the story of longtime 'Final Fantasy' composer Nobuo Uematsu when his 'On the Record' biography hit stores this fall.