NewsWorld
PredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticles
NewsWorld
HomePredictionsDigestsScorecardTimelinesArticlesWorldTechnologyPoliticsBusiness
AI-powered predictive news aggregation© 2026 NewsWorld. All rights reserved.
Trending
TariffTrumpFebruaryNewsTradeAnnouncePricesStrikesMajorCourtLaunchDigestSundayTimelineIranTargetsSafetyGlobalMarketTechChinaMilitaryJapanHospital
TariffTrumpFebruaryNewsTradeAnnouncePricesStrikesMajorCourtLaunchDigestSundayTimelineIranTargetsSafetyGlobalMarketTechChinaMilitaryJapanHospital
All Articles
Chart-topping French rapper Naps sentenced to seven years for hotel rape incident
Euronews
Published 2 days ago

Chart-topping French rapper Naps sentenced to seven years for hotel rape incident

Euronews · Feb 20, 2026 · Collected from RSS

Summary

The Paris court ruled there was an "absence of consent", accepting the complainant’s account that she was asleep and woke to the pain of penetration.

Full Article

Published on 20/02/2026 - 11:32 GMT+1 Chart-topping French rapper Naps has been sentenced to seven years in prison for raping a young woman while she was asleep in October 2021 in a Paris hotel room. The 40-year-old artist from Marseille, whose real name is Nabil Boukhobza, was convicted by the Paris criminal court, which cited an "absence of consent" in its ruling. Judges noted that the complainant had consistently maintained she was asleep and said the "pain of vaginal penetration" woke her. Boukhobza, who has more than three million subscribers on YouTube, and best known for his 2021 hit "La kiffance", which spent 10 non-consecutive weeks at number one on the French charts, had been free during the trial. When the verdict was delivered, the complainant broke down in tears of relief, while the rapper appeared visibly shaken and embraced his wife in court. "With great relief, she was heard, believed, and recognised. Regardless of the sentence handed down, the court established her status as a victim after nearly five years of proceedings. So this is a real relief for her," said the victim's lawyer following the sentence. Details of the case The case stemmed from a complaint filed in October 2021 by a 20-year-old woman who said she had spent the evening at The Key nightclub in Paris after being invited by a promoter, along with two friends. Naps was present at the club with his cousin and manager, a bodyguard and others. The women said they met him for the first time that night and were invited to join his table. According to the complainant, the group later left the club to go to the rapper's hotel near Gare de Lyon at around 4:30am. After consuming alcohol, cannabis and nitrous oxide, the rapper's entourage gradually left, leaving him alone with the three women, who had been asked to leave their phones at the entrance. The complainant told the court she was "groggy" and drifting in and out of consciousness when she felt someone pulling down her underwear. She said she woke to the pain of vaginal penetration and tried to push the rapper away. DNA traces matching Boukhobza were later found on her clothing. Boukhobza denied the allegation, telling investigators the sexual encounter was consensual and that the woman "made sounds of pleasure". Following the sentence, Boukhobza's lawyer Nabil Boudi said: "Of course we're going to appeal. He categorically denies the charges brought against him throughout the proceedings. He has reiterated this, and has been consistent on this point. And today, of course, the decision is incomprehensible, so under these circumstances we will obviously appeal the decision."


Share this story

Read Original at Euronews

Related Articles

Euronewsabout 2 hours ago
Hungary blocks adoption of EU sanctions package until Ukrainian oil supplies resume

No war loans can be handed to Ukraine until oil deliveries to Hungary are resumed, Prime Minister Viktor Orbán said after a meeting with the Energy Security Council.

Euronewsabout 2 hours ago
Secret Service shoots and kills armed man at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate

The US Secret Service said the man was observed carrying something that “appeared to be a shotgun and a fuel can.”

Euronewsabout 4 hours ago
Larijani takes over Iran's preparations for war, says report

There has been key changes to Iran's management and defence structure in the wake of a possible war with the United States, according to an article by the New York Times.

Euronewsabout 4 hours ago
80% of Spanish apples contain residues of several toxic pesticides at the same time

A study coordinated by PAN Europe across 13 countries has found that 85% of conventionally grown apples tested contained multiple pesticides at the same time. In Spain, the figure stands at 80%. The combined effects of these substances have not yet been officially assessed.

Euronewsabout 4 hours ago
At least one person person killed as Russia targets Ukraine with 50 missiles

Explosions which Ukrainian authorities have called a terror attack have killed a 23-year-old police officer and injured 25 people in the western city of Lviv.

Euronewsabout 5 hours ago
Experts warn of rapid loss of water in the Baltic Sea: 'A vibrant reef is turning into an underwater wasteland'

At the beginning of February, the water level in the Baltic Sea dropped sharply. Experts tell Euronews it is a result of climate change.